About Cougars XC
Capo Valley Cougars compete in two of the most competitive leagues in the United States; the Sea View League (boys' team) and the South Coast League (girls' team). CVHS Cross Country has distinguished itself over the years as a tough competitor, sending individuals and teams to CIF Prelims or Finals in all but 2 of the last 15 years. It is one of the most consistent, quality programs in Southern California and Orange County. They have been ranked Top Ten in County and CIF in 8 of the last 9 years with the last four teams breaking Team Time records for the school each year.
The South Coast League is considered one of the toughest and deepest leagues not only in the state, but the NATION!!! South Coast League schools have won multiple Orange County, CIF and State Champions and many of the schools are often ranked in top 25 in the nation individually.
We believe our runners should:
- Have high expectations
- Have confidence in yourselves and teammates
- Have confidence in your coaches
- Believe there are no limits to what you can do
- Always give your best effort
- Understand that every team member is very important
- Together Everyone Achieves More
- Workouts are practices for championship races
- Don’t make excuses
- Have fun!
- Always give your best effort at Practices and Meets.
- Be a good person on the track, in the classroom, and in life.
- Always contribute to a positive environment (Have fun, with purpose).